Close Menu
Darelasisi OnlineDarelasisi Online
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Top News
  • News
  • Politics
  • Short Stories
  • Entertainments
  • Technology
  • Adverts Rates
  • Contact Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Nigerians in diaspora meet with President Tinubu’s delegation ahead of his State Visit to UK

March 17, 2026

APO Group Selected as Emirates’ Public Relations Agency for Africa

October 10, 2025

Nigeria At 65: Tinubu list 12 economic achievements by his administration

October 1, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Darelasisi OnlineDarelasisi Online
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Top News
  • News
  • Politics
  • Short Stories
  • Entertainments
  • Technology
  • Adverts Rates
  • Contact Us
Darelasisi OnlineDarelasisi Online
Home»Featured»Court remands housewife, 2 others for allegedly faking kidnap
Featured

Court remands housewife, 2 others for allegedly faking kidnap

October 4, 20190 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A Chief Magistrates’ court sitting in Ilorin on Friday ordered that a housewife , who allegedly faked their own kidnap, be remanded in a correctional centre.

The police arraigned Odunayo Olaniyi, Abdulrauf Folorunso, and Afolabi Adesina with three counts of self kidnap, false representation and for asking for ransom.

The Chief Magistrate, Ibrahim Dasuki, who gave the order, also remanded Folorunso and Adesina.

Dasuki adjourned the case until Oct. 10, for hearing.

Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Nasir Yusuf, told the court that on Sept. 19, the complainant, and the defendant’s husband, Segun, who works at the Kwara Road Traffic Management Authority Ilorin, reported the case at the Anti-Kidnapping Squad, Police Headquarters, Ilorin.

Yusuf said that Segun told police that he received a message from his wife, Odunayo that she had been kidnapped.

He alleged that the defendant also told the complainant that their 10-year-old son, was kidnapped and the abductors are demanding for N500,000.

Yusuf said that during discreet investigation, the police discovered that Odunayo, Folorunso and Adesina, faked the kidnap.

The offemce, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 9, 14, and 12 of the Kwara state Prohibition of Kidnapping Law 2010.

They pleaded not guilty.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related Posts

COVID-19: A SEASON OF MENTALLY DRAINED SITUATION.

May 4, 2020

An open letter to Dare Lasisi on his birthday

February 17, 2020

Operation Amotekun taking shape says Governor Seyi Makinde at C&S Unification 80th Annual General conference (AGC)

January 30, 2020
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

I am now officially CompTIA Security+ Certified. Am I dreaming?

October 20, 2024275

UK University Expel Nigerian Students, Gives Them Notice To Leave The Country

May 22, 2024212

How God Saved Me From Dare-Devil Ritualists – Jamiu Bankole

September 4, 202472

UK Varsities Face Funding Crisis

May 17, 202470
Don't Miss
News

Nigerians in diaspora meet with President Tinubu’s delegation ahead of his State Visit to UK

March 17, 20262 Mins Read

By Adetayo Omotoyosi Adeolu Nigerians in the media and social media space have met with…

APO Group Selected as Emirates’ Public Relations Agency for Africa

October 10, 2025

Nigeria At 65: Tinubu list 12 economic achievements by his administration

October 1, 2025

You are the greatest asset of our country – Tinubu tells youths in Independence Day Speech

October 1, 2025
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us

Dare Lasisi Online is the creation of former Commonwealth Secretariat media intern, writer and UK-based investigative journalist, Dare Lasisi who has been in the business of online journalism for over a decade now. This platform is for ‘Citizen Journalism At Its Best.”

The publisher and web editor of Dare Lasisi Online is a graduate of Geography from the University of Ilorin, Kwara state in Nigeria.

He worked for some years in Nigeria as a newspaper reporter and PR consultant before relocating to the United Kingdom.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp Telegram RSS
Our Picks

Nigerians in diaspora meet with President Tinubu’s delegation ahead of his State Visit to UK

March 17, 2026

APO Group Selected as Emirates’ Public Relations Agency for Africa

October 10, 2025

Nigeria At 65: Tinubu list 12 economic achievements by his administration

October 1, 2025
Most Popular

I am now officially CompTIA Security+ Certified. Am I dreaming?

October 20, 2024275

UK University Expel Nigerian Students, Gives Them Notice To Leave The Country

May 22, 2024212

How God Saved Me From Dare-Devil Ritualists – Jamiu Bankole

September 4, 202472
© 2026 Dare Lasisi Online. Citizen Journalism At It's Best!
  • Home
  • Politics
  • About Us
  • Adverts Rates
  • Get In Touch

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.