Close Menu
Darelasisi OnlineDarelasisi Online
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Top News
  • News
  • Politics
  • Short Stories
  • Entertainments
  • Technology
  • Adverts Rates
  • Contact Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Nigerians in diaspora meet with President Tinubu’s delegation ahead of his State Visit to UK

March 17, 2026

APO Group Selected as Emirates’ Public Relations Agency for Africa

October 10, 2025

Nigeria At 65: Tinubu list 12 economic achievements by his administration

October 1, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Darelasisi OnlineDarelasisi Online
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Top News
  • News
  • Politics
  • Short Stories
  • Entertainments
  • Technology
  • Adverts Rates
  • Contact Us
Darelasisi OnlineDarelasisi Online
Home»Uncategorized»Gucci cancels fashion cruise due to rising coronavirus concerns
Uncategorized

Gucci cancels fashion cruise due to rising coronavirus concerns

March 6, 20200 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The fashion house, Gucci has canceled its Cruise 2021 show due to the ongoing Coronavirus (covid-19) outbreak.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Italian fashion house confirmed its decision to cancel the show which was due to take place on May 18, in a statement.

A spokesperson for Gucci said the brand’s decision resulted from “the ongoing uncertainty prompted by the Coronavirus outbreak” saying it was “a precautionary measure”.

“A decision on the new timing and location of the show will be announced at a later date, once the situation becomes clearer.

“At this time, our thoughts are with all of those affected around the world,” the statement said.

According to reports, the brand’s creative director, Alessandro Michele initially chose an American city to host the show due to its reputation as centre of liberal activism and cultural melting pot.

NAN reports that the show was the latest in a series of global fashion industry events that had been affected by the virus.

In February, Prada announced that it had decided to postpone its Cruise 2021 show, which was scheduled to take place on May 21 in Tokyo, due to Coronavirus fears.

With Cruise season fast-approaching, it remained unclear as to whether more brands would be forced to follow suit.

Giorgio Armani was expected to kick off the event with its Cruise offering in Dubai on April 19.

However, there were concerns that it may be postponed after the brand decided to cancel its autumn/winter 2020 show during Milan Fashion Week amid the Coronavirus threat in Italy.

Instead, Armani opted to live stream the runway in an empty theatre across the fashion house’s social media channels.

In a statement, the brand said the decision was made “to safeguard the wellbeing of all his invited guests by not having them attend crowded spaces”.

So far, more than 98,000 people were known to be infected with Coronavirus and more than 3,000 deaths have been recorded.

Meanwhile, Italy became one of the worst affected countries after an outbreak in the northern provinces of Lombardy and Veneto, which saw death toll rose to 52 while confirmed cases increased to 1,835. (NAN)

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related Posts

2025 Afcon Qualifiers: Rwanda Beat Super Eagles Of Nigeria In Uyo

November 19, 2024

Lagos Plotting To Colonise Kano, North, Kwankwaso Warns

November 19, 2024

DSS Arrest, Detain Former PDP Governorship Candidate, Ladi Adebutu

November 19, 2024
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

I am now officially CompTIA Security+ Certified. Am I dreaming?

October 20, 2024275

UK University Expel Nigerian Students, Gives Them Notice To Leave The Country

May 22, 2024211

How God Saved Me From Dare-Devil Ritualists – Jamiu Bankole

September 4, 202472

UK Varsities Face Funding Crisis

May 17, 202470
Don't Miss
News

Nigerians in diaspora meet with President Tinubu’s delegation ahead of his State Visit to UK

March 17, 20262 Mins Read

By Adetayo Omotoyosi Adeolu Nigerians in the media and social media space have met with…

APO Group Selected as Emirates’ Public Relations Agency for Africa

October 10, 2025

Nigeria At 65: Tinubu list 12 economic achievements by his administration

October 1, 2025

You are the greatest asset of our country – Tinubu tells youths in Independence Day Speech

October 1, 2025
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us

Dare Lasisi Online is the creation of former Commonwealth Secretariat media intern, writer and UK-based investigative journalist, Dare Lasisi who has been in the business of online journalism for over a decade now. This platform is for ‘Citizen Journalism At Its Best.”

The publisher and web editor of Dare Lasisi Online is a graduate of Geography from the University of Ilorin, Kwara state in Nigeria.

He worked for some years in Nigeria as a newspaper reporter and PR consultant before relocating to the United Kingdom.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp Telegram RSS
Our Picks

Nigerians in diaspora meet with President Tinubu’s delegation ahead of his State Visit to UK

March 17, 2026

APO Group Selected as Emirates’ Public Relations Agency for Africa

October 10, 2025

Nigeria At 65: Tinubu list 12 economic achievements by his administration

October 1, 2025
Most Popular

I am now officially CompTIA Security+ Certified. Am I dreaming?

October 20, 2024275

UK University Expel Nigerian Students, Gives Them Notice To Leave The Country

May 22, 2024211

How God Saved Me From Dare-Devil Ritualists – Jamiu Bankole

September 4, 202472
© 2026 Dare Lasisi Online. Citizen Journalism At It's Best!
  • Home
  • Politics
  • About Us
  • Adverts Rates
  • Get In Touch

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.