Close Menu
Darelasisi OnlineDarelasisi Online
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Top News
  • News
  • Politics
  • Short Stories
  • Entertainments
  • Technology
  • Adverts Rates
  • Contact Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Nigerians in diaspora meet with President Tinubu’s delegation ahead of his State Visit to UK

March 17, 2026

APO Group Selected as Emirates’ Public Relations Agency for Africa

October 10, 2025

Nigeria At 65: Tinubu list 12 economic achievements by his administration

October 1, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Darelasisi OnlineDarelasisi Online
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Top News
  • News
  • Politics
  • Short Stories
  • Entertainments
  • Technology
  • Adverts Rates
  • Contact Us
Darelasisi OnlineDarelasisi Online
Home»Uncategorized»Kebbi govt. inaugurates committee for 2020 Argungu Fishing festival
Uncategorized

Kebbi govt. inaugurates committee for 2020 Argungu Fishing festival

January 18, 20200 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Kebbi Government has inaugurated a 16-member committee for the 2020 Argungu International and Cultural Fishing festival scheduled to hold in March.

The state Deputy Governor. Alhaji Samaila Yombe, while inaugurating the Committee in Birnin Kebbi on Saturday, said that the festival could not hold for a long period due to some circumstances.

“The festival used to be held once in a year but unfortunately for unforeseen circumstances which we cannot explain, this event could not hold for the past 10 years.

“However, Gov. Atiku Bagudu has summoned the courage in making sure that this event takes place this year,“ he said.

He urged the members to remain active to surmount the challenges on the ground to ensure the success of the festival.

In his remarks, the former Director-General of the festival, Alhaji Abubakar Ladan, informed the committee that the festival had been self-funded before it was put on hold.

“Before the festival was put on hold, the government had stopped funding it because the festival generated a lot of money to sponsor itself,“ Ladan said.

The members of the committee are the deputy governor as Chairman; and Alhaji Yarima Dakingari, Permanent Secretary, state Ministry of Commerce who is the Acting Secretary.

Others are representatives of Argungu Emirate, Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Babale Yauri, Speaker of the House of Assembly, Alhaji Abdulmumin Kamba and Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Oluyemi Agunbiade.

NAN reports that the festival which started in 1934 and projected Nigeria to the global tourism map has not been held for the past 10 years.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related Posts

2025 Afcon Qualifiers: Rwanda Beat Super Eagles Of Nigeria In Uyo

November 19, 2024

Lagos Plotting To Colonise Kano, North, Kwankwaso Warns

November 19, 2024

DSS Arrest, Detain Former PDP Governorship Candidate, Ladi Adebutu

November 19, 2024
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

I am now officially CompTIA Security+ Certified. Am I dreaming?

October 20, 2024275

UK University Expel Nigerian Students, Gives Them Notice To Leave The Country

May 22, 2024212

How God Saved Me From Dare-Devil Ritualists – Jamiu Bankole

September 4, 202472

UK Varsities Face Funding Crisis

May 17, 202470
Don't Miss
News

Nigerians in diaspora meet with President Tinubu’s delegation ahead of his State Visit to UK

March 17, 20262 Mins Read

By Adetayo Omotoyosi Adeolu Nigerians in the media and social media space have met with…

APO Group Selected as Emirates’ Public Relations Agency for Africa

October 10, 2025

Nigeria At 65: Tinubu list 12 economic achievements by his administration

October 1, 2025

You are the greatest asset of our country – Tinubu tells youths in Independence Day Speech

October 1, 2025
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us

Dare Lasisi Online is the creation of former Commonwealth Secretariat media intern, writer and UK-based investigative journalist, Dare Lasisi who has been in the business of online journalism for over a decade now. This platform is for ‘Citizen Journalism At Its Best.”

The publisher and web editor of Dare Lasisi Online is a graduate of Geography from the University of Ilorin, Kwara state in Nigeria.

He worked for some years in Nigeria as a newspaper reporter and PR consultant before relocating to the United Kingdom.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp Telegram RSS
Our Picks

Nigerians in diaspora meet with President Tinubu’s delegation ahead of his State Visit to UK

March 17, 2026

APO Group Selected as Emirates’ Public Relations Agency for Africa

October 10, 2025

Nigeria At 65: Tinubu list 12 economic achievements by his administration

October 1, 2025
Most Popular

I am now officially CompTIA Security+ Certified. Am I dreaming?

October 20, 2024275

UK University Expel Nigerian Students, Gives Them Notice To Leave The Country

May 22, 2024212

How God Saved Me From Dare-Devil Ritualists – Jamiu Bankole

September 4, 202472
© 2026 Dare Lasisi Online. Citizen Journalism At It's Best!
  • Home
  • Politics
  • About Us
  • Adverts Rates
  • Get In Touch

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.